Winter-Spring Communications Intern at ICFJ ($17 per hour)
Apply today to become a Winter-Spring Communications Intern at International Center for Journalists (ICFJ). ICFJ is looking for a committed and talented intern to join their communications team and work with them to tell ICFJ’s story. This is an exciting and paid opportunity for a self-starter who wants to advance journalism globally and further develop their communications skills – particularly in digital media.
Interns should be enthusiastic, efficient and flexible. Good writing skills and experience with social media are required. An interest in journalism and/or international affairs is strongly suggested. Applicants should exhibit a spirit of teamwork.
The internship requires a time commitment of 21 to 35 hours a week starting on January 16, 2024 and lasting at least four months, but no more than six. Applicants must be based in Washington, D.C. for the duration of the internship.
- Write and publish material for social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Own social media analytics Design visuals for social media
- Film and edit video interviews
- Help compile regular analytics reports using multiple tools, such as Facebook Insights and Google Analytics
- Update ICFJ’s website
- Write short web stories and press mentions
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate. Marketing, communications, journalism and design majors preferred.
- Experience with video editing and video editing software
- Highly collaborative with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Take pride in your work
It is a plus if you have experience with:
- Major design applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should complete an application and upload a cover letter, resume, a social media graphic, and a writing sample.
See more opportunities