UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The “Accelerating Post COVID-19 Economic Recovery through Improved Livelihood, Employability, and Regional Cooperation in Ferghana Valley” project is focused on strengthening the livelihood and resilience potential of people living in the Tajik part of Ferghana Valley, contributing to recovery from COVID-19 impact and solidifying social cohesion in cross-border areas. The project is implemented in close cooperation with the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Republic of Tajikistan, Ministry of Labour, Migration, and Employment of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan, Administration of Sughd region, and other governmental and civil society organizations. The key Development Goal of the project is to restore and improve livelihoods, promote productive and decent employment, and increase income generation opportunities through innovation for sustainable enterprise development and cross-border trade promotion in Ferghana Valley in Tajikistan. The Project will target vulnerable women and men, youth, returned migrants, and SMEs in Sughd province, living and working in rural districts bordering with Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, considering their vulnerability to unemployment, social exclusion, social tensions in border areas. A special focus will be on the activation of young men and women, who are not in education, employment, or training (NEET). The project will apply a gender-sensitive approach to reach girls and women, equip them with employable knowledge and modern skills, and empower them to engage more actively in economic activities.
The following outcomes and outputs are envisaged to be achieved by the project
Outcome: Regional and local governments, MSMEs, and people effectively adapt their business and livelihoods strategies to withstand the social and economic challenges triggered by COVID-19 and other economic risks.
Output 1: Enhanced opportunities to reskill and upskill targeting unemployed young women and men, returned migrants, and people from vulnerable households.
Output 2: Innovations for stimulation of entrepreneurship and income-generation for vulnerable communities in bordering areas.
Output 3: Promoting startup platforms and development of trade potential across Ferghana Valley
The project is willing to involve local interns with duty stations in the Local Innovation and Implementation Office in Khujand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of support in conduction of various events (presentations, trainings, steering meetings, workshops, etc);
- Support in collection of information for posts in social media platforms.
- Manage database and data collection on project related activities;
- Provide contribution in drafting project related reports;
- Provide support in equipping vocational trainings institutions in pilot districts;
- Contribute for maintaining project M&E database through collecting data;
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources;
- Accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery;
- Translate project related documents when needed.
Learning opportunities for the intern
- General understanding of the work and mission of UNDP.
- Insight and hands-on experience in organizing and running complex projects; and
- Becoming more familiar with working in an International Organization.
- Communication and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN/UNDP.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by modelling the UN/UNDP’s values and ethical standards.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills And Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship program must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in the areas of management, economy, finance, social sciences.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the areas of management, economy, finance, social sciences.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Proficiency in relevant software applications, including Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Internet);
- Basic knowledge on Photoshop will be considered as an asset.
- Good knowledge of English and Tajik languages.
- Personal motivation in work, being a good team member, having commitment, sense of responsibility, being pro-active, accuracy with figures and documents, friendly personality and positive attitude.
The Application Should Contain
- Brief Cover Letter (in English) stating interest in and qualifications for the post and your availability.
- Current and complete CV in English.
TO APPLY visit here