Apply Now! Because Accelerator 2024 for Entrepreneurs
Apply now to join the Because Accelerator for entrepreneurs. The Because Accelerator is a business accelerator program designed to help entrepreneurs take their innovative products to the next level. Entrepreneurs who have a manufactured product that will improve lives and create local jobs should apply for this.
About the Cohort
Drawing from lessons learned in bringing in the manufactured product—The Shoe That Grows—to market, the Because Accelerator is a business accelerator designed for entrepreneurs in the early- to middle-stages of product development. The startup accelerator program is uniquely focused on increasing your revenue growth trajectory during the cohort and creating a plan for sustained growth beyond. The trainings cover the following concepts:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Developing a marketing and sales plan
- Revenue ops and pricing strategy
- Customer service and retention
Upon completion, entrepreneurs will have a written business plan, a polished pitch ready to share with potential investors, progress towards or completion of a next level goal and an opportunity to participate in an annual pitch competition.
The program is free and has four major components
- Training: A 16-week, online curriculum covers topics common to startups and illustrated by Because International’s experience with the organizers social enterprise startup, The Shoe That Grows.
- Coaching: After the first four weeks, select entrepreneurs will be matched with an experienced coach who will mentor them during the program and beyond.
- Networking: Entrepreneurs network with members of their cohort, alumni of the Because Accelerator and the Because Advisor Network—a group of subject matter experts with connections worldwide.
- Funding: At the end of the cohort, select entrepreneurs will compete in a pitch event for a cash prize. As a result of this competition, entrepreneurs will be linked to over $100k in funding.
- Because Accelerator is designed for early- to middle-stage businesses with a manufactured, physical product
- Product must be a socially innovative product.
- Entrepreneurs in the restaurant, entertainment, education, software, food or service industries are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants to the accelerator should be prioritizing job creation in communities impacted by poverty and be able to show potential for future impact through a clear vision.
Deadline: January 26, 2024