Get a Waiver! University of Alabama Free App Week 2023
Here’s your chance to get a waiver at University of Alabama Free App Week . The University of Alabama is again waiving application fees for domestic and international undergraduate, graduate and online prospective students from Oct. 16-20
During Free App Week, UA aims to empower prospective students by removing the financial barriers that may keep them from applying for admission
If eligible, you will receive an application waiver code via email Monday, October 16 before 5 p.m. CDT. Waiver codes will not be distributed before Free Application Week begins.
Freshman and Transfer Requirements
- The University of Alabama will not require standardized ACT or SAT scores from students applying through the Fall 2024 Semester.
- To receive instructions on how to submit an undergraduate application for free, applicants must first submit their contact information on the Undergraduate Admissions Free App Week page.
- Alabama Residents Eligibility: Residents of Alabama must have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale as determined by the UA Graduate School.
- Out-of-state Eligibility: All other domestic applicants must have a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale as determined by the UA Graduate School.
- International Eligibility: The following eligibility requirements apply for international students:
- International applicants are only eligible to use an application fee waiver for Fall Semester 2024.
- All international applicants must have an equivalent 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale as determined by the UA Graduate School. GPA is for the highest degree earned. If completing a U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalent while applying, that GPA should be entered. GPA should be entered on the current scale without conversion. Visit the Graduate School’s supporting documents page for more about graduate admission requirements
- To reserve a graduate application waiver, students may sign up on the Graduate School’s Free App Week page.
Those who have already submitted an application and are in the “awaiting payment” status must enter the code in the application portal by 5 p.m. CDT Friday, October 20. The Graduate Admissions Office will not automatically waive an application fee or enter a waiver. No refunds will be issued.
Deadline: You must submit your application by 11:59 p.m. CDT on Friday, October 20 to apply for free.
Visit the University of Alabama Free App Week website for more details