Deadline: May 10, 2023
Applications are open for the Techstars Berlin Accelerator Program 2023. As one of the most inclusive, diverse and fastest growing early-stage entrepreneurial ecosystems in the world, Berlin welcomes entrepreneurs who want to access capital, talent and opportunity.
Techstars accelerators have one goal: to help entrepreneurs succeed. During each three-month program, they surround companies with the best mentors and an unrivaled network of corporate partners, investors, and alumni. Techstars provides funding and fundraising opportunities, workshops and curated resources, not to mention countless moments where you can learn from your peers. It’s a proven model that’s helped build thousands of successful companies, all over the world.
- Techstars provides accelerator portfolio companies with access to financial, human, and intellectual capital to fuel the success of their business.
- Techstars contributes $20,000, which is commonly used as a stipend to support living expenses during the program, and in return receives 6% equity of the company (on a fully diluted basis, issued as common stock) until the company raises a priced equity financing of US $250,000 or more (a “Qualified Financing”). However, if a company conducts a Network Launch using distributed ledger technology (i.e. a blockchain initial coin offering, token event, etc.), then Techstars will also receive 6% of the Token Reserve (i.e. the tokens “held back” for the founders and the company at Network Launch).
- Additionally, upon acceptance to a Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator, every company is offered an optional $100,000 convertible note.
- Access to Techstars resources for life;
- Acceleration in a 90-day Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator program with personal mentorship and office space;
- Lifetime access to the Techstars worldwide network of entrepreneurs, including more than 10,000 mentors, 10,000 investors, 1,600 alumni companies, and over 200 staff members;
- Access to over $400k of cash equivalent hosting, accounting, and legal support—plus other credits and perks worth more than $5M;
- Demo Day exposure and other investor connections.
- Historically, on average, Techstars companies go on to raise more than $2M of outside capital after the program.
- Techstars funds all types of startups, working in all verticals, using any type of business models. Do keep in mind, however, that the focus is on startups rather than small businesses.
- The primary language that they use in verbal and written communications during all accelerator programs—in every country—is English. You should speak and understand English.