Here is an opportunity to win up to ₦1.5m grant at the Ugwumba Enterprise Challenge for Entrepreneurs and Innovators.
The Ugwumba Enterprise Challenge is an idea-pitching and grant competition designed to empower young people in Africa to turn their ideas, skills, and passions into scalable business ventures or social enterprises. It is an annual event organized by the Ugwumba Centre for Leadership Development. All applicants pass through a compulsory Boot Camp and Pitching Competitions and those with the best business ideas receive both financial and technical support.
Eligibility for Ugwumba Enterprise Challenge
- Male or female entrepreneurs in Nigeria
- Age must be between 18-40 years
- Must have an innovative idea that can be turned into a business or a social enterprise
- 1st Prize N1.5 million
- 2nd Prize 1 million
- 3rd Prize N700k
- 4th Prize N500k
- 5th Prize N300k
View similar opportunities:
- Applications are now open for ARM Labs Innovation Program 5.0
- RES4Africa Academy Young Talent of the Year Award – 2023 edition: applications open
- 10M Grant! Beyond Limits Fellowship for Founders
- The University Grant Scheme -N20Million
- Call for Applications Aug 14 – Sept 09
- Online Boot Camp Oct 02 – Oct 281st
- Pitching Oct 29 – Nov 09
- 2nd Pitching Nov 18 – Nov 24
- Grand Finale Dec 12
Note: Applicants must be available for any on-site event.
For more information, visit here
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the eligibility criteria for this grant?
The eligibility criteria typically include factors such as residency in Nigeria, age, and idea. Please refer to the grant guidelines for detailed eligibility.
How can I apply for this grant?
To apply for the grant, you will need to complete the Ugwumba Enterprise Challenge application form.
What types of projects or initiatives are eligible for funding?
The grant supports a variety of projects, such as education, healthcare, entrepreneurship, community development, ICT, etc. There is no specific focus area however, your idea should be convertible into a business or social enterprise.
Can I apply with a non-registered business?
Absolutely. Even businesses in the idea stages can apply.
What is the application deadline for this grant?
Call for the 2023 application closes on September 9, 2023
See other Opportunities: