Malta ClimAccelerator program focuses on providing tailored support to start-ups and funding opportunities for startups that are active in the identified thematic areas.
- Are you a startup passionate about fighting climate change?
- Are you dedicated to bringing innovative solutions to reduce our carbon footprint?
- Are you on the lookout for ways to further your growth and amplify your impact?
Then, this program is the perfect fit for you!
Malta ClimAccelerator, in collaboration with EIT Climate-KIC, is seeking passionate startups like yours!
Our Thematic Areas
- Clean Energy
- Clean Industry
- Air and the Environment
- Mobility & Transport
- Energy Efficiency and Storage
- Circular Economy
- Scalable solutions with potential for significant climate impact or adaptation within the thematic areas;
- Market potential: The created products/ services have the potential to generate income from various geographical markets;
- The startup must be a legally incorporated entity;
- The startup can be based in any location worldwide;
- Founders’ competencies (academic/scientific) to deliver the solution;
- At least Technology Readiness Level 6 (TRL)*;
- MVP pilot ready.
- Technology demonstrated in the relevant environment
- System prototype demonstration in an operational environment
- System complete and qualified
- The actual system is proven in an operational environment
Benefits of Malta ClimAccelerator
The Climate-SAFE / Climate Validation investment agreement your startups will benefit from:
- Carbon Impact Forecasting, Modelling, and Validation
- Access to the ClimateHIVE community
- Fundraising support & connections to the Climate-KIC investor network
- Commercialization Opportunities
- EU Policy & Affairs support
- A dedicated portfolio manager
- Possibility of additional investment from the $1.5M Seed Fund
Malta ClimAccelerator Program Overview
- Introduction to Equity Investors: Showcase your start-up to the ClimAccelerator Global Investor Network, as well as one-to-one pitching opportunities, unlocking vital access to strategic equity investors.
- Business Development Support: Receive comprehensive support in expanding into international markets, enabling you to develop sales channels, reach a wider target market, and boost business growth.
- Guidance to Funding: Unlock the potential to apply for European and national R&D and growth funding, fuelling further development of your innovative solutions.
- Minimum Viable Product Pilots: Explore the opportunity to pilot your Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in Malta and Europe, gaining real-world validation for your solution.
- Startups that have graduated from the ClimAccelerator program can benefit from the Climate-SAFE / Climate Validation investment agreement, a €50K equity as a service package provided by EIT Climate KIC.
- Global Visibility: Increase your visibility on a global scale, attracting potential clients and investors who align with your mission and passion.
- Access Climate Tech Expertise: Benefit from the guidance and expertise of our international climate tech industry network, consisting of experienced entrepreneurs and professionals.
- Tailored Coaching: Personalized one-to-one coaching tailored to your specific needs and requirements,
helping you navigate the challenges of scaling your venture.
- Opportunity to join the EIC Accelerator Program: For those of you who are eligible we will prepare your stage 1 application, and provide you with all the necessary support to develop your stage 2 application. More details here
- Exclusive Workshops: Engage in exclusive workshops covering topics such as business development, climate impact communications, fundraising strategies, and more.
- EU Startup Summit: You will have the possibility to be evaluated for the selections to take part in the EU Startup Summit 2024, which will take place in Malta on 09 and 10 May
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply to the Malta ClimAccelerator program?
Startups that have reached Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6 and above (Stage 2 maturity level), with scalable solutions a significant climate impact potential, and global market potential.
From which country can I apply?
From anywhere in the world!
Do I have to register a company?
Yes. Only registered companies are eligible to apply.
How long does the Malta ClimAccelerator program last?
The program starts on 01 October 2023 and ends on 31 January 2024. It is therefore a 4 months program.
Do I need to travel to Malta or stay in Malta for any length of time?
No, it is not a requirement. We have devised a highly effective program that can be fully delivered remotely with a view to adjust to your family and work needs and to give your startup the possibility to benefit from joining the ClimAccelerator Malta program from anywhere in the world you are based.
How much does it cost to enroll in the program?
Nothing. You can enjoy the many benefits of joining ClimAccelerator Malta free of charge.
Why should I join Malta ClimAccelerator?
We support you in accessing funding and grants to further your R&D grow your startup, and pilot your MVP. Introduce you to our vast database of climate-passionate equity investors, and to the largest global climate community. We help you with business development and entering into international markets.
To apply, please submit your application by September 15, 2023, via the following link here
See More Accelerator Programs here:
- Visa Africa Fintech Accelerator Program
- 30 Business Incubators and Accelerators in Nigeria
- Techstars Berlin Accelerator Program 2023 (Funding available)
- Next Innovation with Japan NINJA Accelerator Program 2022 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs