The RIG Future Academy Scholarship for US Students($5,000)
Applications are open for The RIG Future Academy Scholarship. RIG and Nacon are proud to equip players who have the drive to be better with the tools they need for both gaming and academic growth. The RIG Future Academy scholarship is designed to help students on their way to academic success.
Founded in Santa Cruz, California, RIG is a premium gaming accessory brand and a leader in tournament audio for professional gaming. The brand’s mission is to develop next generation gear for competitive gamers, esports players and live streamers. NACON is a company of the BIGBEN Group founded in 2019 to optimize its know-how through strong synergies in the video game market. By bringing together its 14 development studios, the publishing of AA video games, the design and distribution of premium gaming devices, NACON focuses 20 years of expertise at the service of players.
THREE (3) $5,000 scholarships to be awarded.
- Applicants can be high school seniors and current undergraduate and graduate students in accredited U.S. colleges and universities who reside in the United States.
- Contest is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
- Directors, officers, and employees of the Sponsor or the Administrator and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate families and household members, are not eligible to enter the Scholarship Contest.
Essay submissions will be judged in accordance with the following criteria, unless otherwise specified:
- Category 1: Thoughtfulness of response – Fifty percent (50%)
- Category 2: Relevance to question – Thirty percent (30%)
- Category 3: Quality of composition – Fifteen percent (15%)
- Category 4: Grammatical accuracy – Five percent (5%)
- All entrants and Entries are subject to verification, and may be required to provide documentation in support of eligibility when asked.
Students can apply in ONE of two ways:
- Essay – Write an essay of 300 words or more describing how gaming has helped you in academics;
- Video – Create a 2-minute video on how gaming has helped you in academics, and share it on social media tagging them @RIGgaming and using #RIGFutureAcademy (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Threads, TikTok or Twitch).
Deadline: Unless otherwise specified, this Scholarship Contest ends on Monday, October 9, 2023 11:59 PM EST
Click here to apply