The Milken-Motsepe Prize in AgriTech
The Milken-Motsepe Prize in AgriTechThe inaugural Milken-Motsepe Prize focuses on accelerating progress towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 1 and 2: no poverty and zero hunger. The Milken-Motsepe Prize in AgriTech is a global competition for innovative solutions to increase economic value to farmers, from seed to sale. Registration is free and open to anyone, with a $1 million grand prize available for the winning team, and $1 million in additional prizes.
DESIGN ROUNDTeams submit their design and business model. An independent panel of expert judges will select up to 25 teams to receive $10,000 each and advance in the competition.
Teams develop their prototypes and conduct field tests on small and medium-sized farms in Africa.
Awards for The Milken-Motsepe Prize in AgriTechWinning teams will increase net economic value to small and medium-sized farms by:
- Developing innovative technology solutions for any stage of the food system, from seed to sale
- Designing a viable business model
- Increasing farm productivity and/or decreasing post-harvest loss
Prize BenefitsMany entrepreneurs lack the information and tools they need to bring their invention to life. In addition to the chance to win cash prizes, the Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize program provides a rich set of opportunities for entrepreneurs.
1. Online CommunitySimply complete the free prize registration process and you will join an online community of other entrepreneurs. The prize portal will give you access to:
- TEAM MATCHMAKING
- RESOURCES FOR ENTREPRENEURS
- ONLINE TRAINING & HELP DESK
2. Certificate ProgramFinalist teams will participate in a tuition-free, experiential learning program offered by Global Innovation Catalyst (GIC) in collaboration with Stanford Online. The GIC Innovation Execution (iX) program features the entire course content from Stanford’s Idea-to-Market entrepreneurship program. Teams will receive:
- STANFORD ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION (UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF COURSE REQUIRMENTS)
- MENTORING FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- PITCH AND FEEDBACK SESSIONS
3. Winners CircleWinning teams will join the Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize Program winners circle following prize completion, with access to:
- DATA ANALYSIS
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES