Next Innovation with Japan NINJA Accelerator Program 2022 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
Next Innovation with Japan NINJA Accelerator Program is a startup support initiative by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) launched in January 2021, to promote innovation and creation of new businesses in emerging countries.
Application Deadline: 13th May 2022
About the NINJA Accelerator:
Next Innovation with Japan (NINJA) Accelerator in Nigeria – 2nd Cohort is designed to enhance the Nigerian startup ecosystem by strengthening underperforming and necessary sub-sectors in sectors (such as agriculture, health and cleantech) in Nigeria. It is expected to have collaboration among participants in the supply chain, contribute significantly to economic growth and promote promising youths with innovative businesses.
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), in 2021, commissioned an ecosystem mapping report of Nigeria’s startup and entrepreneurial ecosystem with emphasis on the agritech, health tech or cleantech sectors. The ecosystem mapping report highlighted noticeable gaps in the following subsectors within the Agritech innovation space; logistics, cold chain monitoring and insurance. In the HealthTech sector, gaps were discovered in the nutrition, mobile health/fitness apps, healthcare marketing and many more subsectors. Unlike the Agric and healthtech sectors, the cleantech sector in Nigeria is in its growth stage, and with the global shift towards environmental sustainability and responsibility, there is a need to support innovation in this sector.
Eligibility for NINJA Accelerator Program:
- Your company must be legally incorporated in your country.
- Sector must be agritech, health tech or clean tech (including finance/logistics in those sectors etc.
- If you are a foreign company, your company must be legally incorporated with CAC in Nigeria prior to the commencement of the training.
- Applicants startups should be innovative and technology-driven.
- Funding stage should be pre-Seed, Seed and pre-Series A
What we’re looking for?
- Foreign startups which have not yet been incorporated/operated in Nigeria and are looking into the Nigerian market. (startups in other African countries, Asia, Europe and other regions are welcome to apply)
- Nigerian startups which are already incorporated and have business operation in Nigeria
Number of Awards:
How to Apply for the NINJA Accelerator:
It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying. GOODLUCK
Visit their website here
Click here to Apply for $5000 grant from Connak Foundation Initiative