The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award ($250,000)
Applications are open for The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award 2024. he Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the United Nation’s Global Goals, and accelerate global problem solving.
The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending extreme poverty. The award includes a US$250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
Although the prize money is paid to the organization to which the winner contributes, applicants must apply as an individual.
The winner of the 2024 Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award will be someone who can demonstrate measurable impact of their work over the last three to five years, and who has advanced one or more of the UN’s Global Goals. Applicants are judged holistically by their application materials and supporting documents against five equally weighted criteria:
- Impact: Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- Vision: Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- Catalyst: Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- Global Citizenship: Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- Technology Innovation: Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
The prize includes a $250,000 award paid to the organisation to which the individual contributes.
There are four parts to the application:
- An “About You” section containing basic personal and organizational information;
- Your pitch on why you should be awarded the prize in a 1-2 minute video, including how you are working towards achieving one or more Global Goals;
- An outline of how your work aligns with the judging criteria — impact, vision, catalyst, global citizenship, and technology innovation — through answering short questions about your work;
- Additional information about your organization, including proof of its registration.You don’t have to be a founder or CEO of an organization to apply. The Cisco Youth Leadership Award can go to anyone who has had an impact; it is all about showing leadership, dedication, and innovation.
Deadline: Dec 15th 5pm PT
See more opportunities
- WAAW Foundation Scholarship for African Female Undergraduates in STEM ($500)
- IUPAC—Solvay International Award for Young Chemists (US$1,000)
- Green Alley Award 2024 for startups in Europe
- 2023 NNPC – SNEPCo National University Scholarship Award for Undergraduates
- Apply! Knight-Hennessey Scholars programme by Stanford University, 2024 (fully funded)
- Microsoft Research AI & Society Fellows Program 2024-2025
- Acumen West Africa Fellowship 2024 (fully funded)
- UN Global Compact SDG Innovation Accelerator for Young Professionals 2024