Charity KPABEP Scholarship Programme For 30 Female Student Engineers And Technicians
Applications are open for the Charity KPABEP Scholarship 2024. The Federal Ministry of Environment in collaboration with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is implementing the Charity KPABEP Scholarship programme for female engineers and technicians in Nigeria.
This scholarship component forms part of the activities proposed for Nigeria’s Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) Phase-out Management Plan (HPMP) Stage III Project. The HPMP Stage III Project targets to phase out 17.13 Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) tonnes of HCFC-22 through a low Ozone Depleting Potential and low Global Warming Potential technologies-, as well as assist Nigeria in meeting the target of 67.5 per cent reduction in HCFC baseline consumption by 2025.
Number of scholarships available: 30
Frequency of scholarship: Annual
Timeline: The scholarship is non-renewable and is available for the 2024 academic year
- Identify as a woman
- Be a Nigerian
- Be below 35 years at the time of application
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University, Polytechnic, or post secondary institution based in Nigeria.
- Currently enrolled in a FULL TIME Certificate, Diploma, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree programme in Engineering sciences and Technology, or related
- Applicants must be within the final two years of study
- There is no minimum GPA requirement, however, candidates must maintain an good academic record.
- Have a record of leadership and engagement in extracurricular activities
- Commit to attending all scholarship engagement events, workshops, and trainings
- Commit to completing an internship in a relevant company, organisation or institution within the period of the scholarship
- Commit to writing quarterly progress reports, and an internship report
Charity Kpabep Scholarships includes:
- A one-time maximum award of USD4000 (Paid in tranches to candidate’s institution and contingent on the successful completion of a training and internship on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC))
- A possible training on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)
- A possible 1 – 3 months Internship with a company focused on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)
- Free collegiate membership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Access to mentors in the engineering field
In addition to completing the application form, all applicants must upload the following documents. Kindly combine all documents in one pdf document with file size of 5mb maximum (Document name should be Last name_First name_UNIDO KPABEP 2023, for example Doe_Sara_UNIDO KPABEP 2023):
- A 1000 word maximum Letter of motivation answering the following questions:
- What motivated you to pursue this course of study?
- What have been your most significant accomplishments till date?
- How have you demonstrated leadership in your community or academic environment?
- What are your long term career plans and how will this scholarship enable you to achieve them?
- Letter from sponsor
- A copy of your curriculum vitae/resume.
- Academic transcripts detailing your most recent academic
- Proof of enrolment in the current semester, if
- Most recent academic certificate attained, if
Prior to the interview, shortlisted candidates will be required to submit:
- Two reference letters being either
- One academic and one professional reference letter, or
- Two academic reference letters
- A 500 word recommendation on “Reforms needed in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) sector to support hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) Phase- out in Nigeria and promote the provisions of the Kigali Amendment”
Deadline: Application closes: 31st December 2023
See more opportunities
- WAAW Foundation Scholarship for African Female Undergraduates in STEM ($500)
- The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award ($250,000)
- Microsoft Research AI & Society Fellows Program 2024-2025
- 2023 NNPC – SNEPCo National University Scholarship Award for Undergraduates
- Environment Masters Scholarship in France by French Embassy and Campus France Nigeria 2024