Okonjo-Iweala’s son, Uchechi, breaks medical record in the US
The WTO boss, Okonjo-Iweala, announced that her son was one of the first spinal surgeons in Maryland to perform a successful navigated lumbar spinal fusion using a robot. The proud mother took to her Twitter account to share the good news, as she congratulated and encouraged her son on his medical feat.
Here are a few facts about Dr. Iweala:
- Dr Uchechi Iweala is the son of the Director-General, World Trade Organization, WTO, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
- He grew up in Maryland and attended St. Albans in DC.
- He later obtained Bachelor’s and Masters’s Degrees from Harvard University.
- He completed his residency training in orthopaedic surgery at George Washington University.
- He has a fellowship in spine surgery at New York University.
- Dr. Iweala broke the record as one of the first spinal surgeons in Maryland to perform a successfully navigated lumbar spinal fusion using a robot.
- He majors in Robotic Spine Surgery, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Cervical and Lumbar Disc Replacement, Spinal Fusion/Arthrodesis, Nerve Releases, etc.
- Dr Iweala has published numerous book chapters and peer-reviewed academic papers, including the International Journal of Spine Surgery and the Journal of Orthopaedics.
- He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Lumbar Spine
- Research Society and the North American Spine Society
- He has worked on health projects in South Africa and Ghana.
- Dr. Iweala recently co-founded a surgery centre in Nigeria with his father, a trained neurosurgeon.
Follow us For faster updates:
- Join our Telegram Channel
- Join our WhatsApp Group
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram