Apply for the 2022 World Bank Group Youth Summit Competition #WBGYouthSummit
DEADLINE: 04 March 2022
The 2022 World Bank Group Youth Summit Competition seeks proposals from youth (18 – 35 years) who have innovative and action-oriented solutions and projects for “Unlocking the Power of Inclusion for Equitable Growth” based on three pillars of development: social, environmental, and economic.
The competition rewards the most innovative idea that fosters:
- Social inclusion as a driver for equitable growth (Education, Health, Gender, Social Safety Nets)
- Environmental inclusion as a driver for equitable growth (Climate Change Mitigation, Climate Adaptation, Climate Smart Technologies)
- Economic inclusion as a driver for equitable growth(Access to Financial Services, Financial Decision Making, Sustainable Livelihoods and Employment, Private Capital Mobilization)
class="wp-block-heading">Who Should Participate?
The competition is open to individuals or teams not exceeding 4 people, aged 18 – 35.
Participants can be students, as well as people in the workforce or any other occupation. No prior experience in any particular field or topic is necessary. Diverse, gender-balanced team compositions are strongly encouraged.
Process and deadlines
- Information Session on February 11, 2022
Add this event to your calendar or sign up for an email reminder and join the webinar to get all the information you need to submit a solid application.
- Submit Your Pitch Deck by March 4, 2022
Submit your application for the pitch competition here. Pitch decks will be evaluated by an expert committee. Shortlisted individuals/teams will be announced and will proceed to the next stage.
- Refine Idea & Prepare Your Pitch (April)
Shortlisted individuals/teams will receive feedback on their proposals and may be asked to submit further information, refine their proposals and/or submit short pitching videos.
- Pitch your Idea at the Youth Summit (May)
Finalists will join the 2022 WBG Youth Summit at the World Bank Headquarters in Washington D.C.
How to participate?
Participants shall provide innovative and concrete ideas that showcase the role of the youth in fostering equitable growth through social, environmental, and/or economic inclusion.
NEW THIS YEAR: Proposals can be submitted in English, Arabic, French or Spanish. Submit your application for the pitch competition here.
Proposals can be submitted in English, Arabic, French, or Spanish.
Submit your application for the pitch competition here.