UNDP OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES INTERNSHIP
THE OFFICE OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES AT UNDP IS LOOKING TO HIRE 6 INTERNS (PEOPLE FOR 2030)
The Office of Human Resources at #UNDP is looking to hire 6 #interns to help with Recruitment, Outreach, Knowledge Management, and Change Management. These roles can be office-based (NYHQ or Copenhagen) or Remote. The start date is immediate!
DEADLINE: 09 March 2022
UNDP is the knowledge frontier organization for sustainable development in the UN Development System and serves as the integrator for collective action to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). With a presence in 170 countries and territories, UNDP endeavors to help countries develop strong policies, skills, partnerships, and institutions so they can sustain their progress. UNDP personnel are united by a common purpose: to help countries and communities across the world pursue peaceful, prosperous lives lived in harmony with the planet.
Through People for 2030, OHR aims to be at the leading edge of HR in the international development sector by developing high-quality and innovative human resources solutions and driving transformation across UNDP.
In this renewed and dynamic framework, OHR is seeking high-caliber professionals with the capacity, commitment, and attitude needed to generate a culture characterized by innovation, entrepreneurship, and a focus on delivering transformative outcomes.
These roles are for students and recent graduates who primarily wish to demonstrate their ability and motivation to implement the People for 2030 strategy that nurtures existing staff and attracts candidates to join one of the largest UN entities; UNDP.
UNDP is seeking 6 interns to support key efforts around the People for 2030 agenda in support of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. We are using one application for the 6 roles, You may apply for more than 1 internship, but please list them in the order of preference and why.
More details on the position descriptions can be found here.
Recruitment & Outreach Interns – New York HQ and Copenhagen, DK (2 positions)
Recruitment Interns – New York HQ (2 positions)
Job Classification & Knowledge Management Intern – New York, HQ
Change Management Intern – ATS rollout – New York, HQ
Duties and Responsibilities
Details on all position descriptions can be found in the link here.
You may apply to more than one internship if interested.
The internship is expected to be 30 hours per week, for 6 months (flexibility will be exercised for students enrolled in classes). The job requires creativity, enthusiasm to learn, and the ability to meet deadlines and maintain high-quality output, and work under pressure.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow.
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
Delivery: Ability to get things done.
Required Skills and Experience
Students enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one year of graduation.
Fluency in English is required;
Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset
- UNDP internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship.
- UNDP offers a modest monthly stipend to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, such as meals and transportation at the duty station.
- All other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government, or institution.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship.
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship.
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in a health insurance plan.
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
The purpose of the internship is not to lead to further employment with UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies; therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship;
The application should contain:
Brief Cover Letter (in English) stating your motivation, interest in which specific area for the post and your availability;
Current and complete CV in English.
Click here to apply for the Internship at UNDP
Apply for Global Youth Mobilization Funding
See other opportunities
- MasterCard Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh
- Apply for UK Tech Nation Visa
- Milken-Motsepe Innovation Prize for AgriTech program
- Shell Accessed Internship for Undergraduates
- Apply for International Opportunities in the United States
- Slingshot Startup Pitch Competition($1.2M)
For faster Updates
- Join our Telegram Channel
- Join our Whatsapp Group
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram