International Global Citizenship Fellowship Calling aspiring Global Citizens and Change-makers!
The Melton Foundation’s Global Citizenship Learning Program is the ideal Fellowship for university students who aim to emerge as Global Citizens!
Are you a budding change-makers passionate about intercultural experiences, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and international collaboration to create tangible action? Are you motivated to make a difference in the world?
We are looking for emerging change agents who are committed to serving their communities and, through the Global Citizenship Learning Program, can build their capacity, grow their spheres of influence, and eventually model and promote global citizenship through their actions and in their networks of increasing complexity. In other words,
New Melton Fellows are young people with the motivation to become a local multiplier of positive social impact!
Are you ready to join a global network of other emerging and established impact leaders who believe in Global Citizenship as a vital bridge toward better social and environmental relationships?
APPLY HERE for the 2022 edition of International Global Citizenship Fellowship
Apply to become a Melton Fellow!
Begin your foray into the field of Global Citizenship and SDG Impact with our Global Citizenship Learning Program Batch of 2022!
Applications remain open until 15 February!
Application Eligibility Criteria
Here are some guidelines for our recruitment cycle for the Global Citizenship Learning Program edition of 2022 :
To be eligible, you must be a university student who is 18-25 years old as of the application deadline, and who will foreseeably live within the city limits of any of our partner universities for the first 1.5 years :
- Bangalore, India
- Greater Accra, Ghana
- New Orleans, United States
- Jena, Germany
- Temuco, Chile
- Hangzhou, China
Other eligibility requirements include:
- Must currently be enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate school program.
- Have sufficient English language skills in order to understand and participate in all aspects of the program including complex discussions on human issues.
- Have a proven track record of civic engagement in your local community.
- Be open to learning about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and practicing Global Citizenship as a lifestyle.
- Be able to provide 1 letter of recommendation if invited to the local assessment center.
Please note that applications from motivated students from historically underrepresented minorities (URM), and low-income backgrounds are highly encouraged. Also important to note is that to apply, you need to be enrolled at or living in close vicinity to our partner universities listed here.
Note: The global application deadline is February 15, 2022 for all applicants. For further queries, reach out to us here.
Why Become a Melton Fellow?
Joining the Melton Foundation gives you a new perspective on the world and a global platform to make a difference in your community and beyond.
As a Melton Fellow and participant in International Global Citizenship Fellowship, you will:
- Experience different cultures first-hand and learn to work across boundaries of place and identity.
- Expand your knowledge about relevant global topics related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Boost your skills through hands-on workshops, training, and mentoring projects.
- Develop projects with Fellows and partners in your community and around the world to drive change initiatives – small or big – for wider impact.
- Join a network of 500+ Fellows and partner organizations from across sectors and world regions.
- Become part of an experiential learning lab that equips you with the know-how and confidence to take action on pressing issues around you.
Who Should Apply to become a Melton Fellow?
We are looking for emerging problem solvers with the curiosity, potential, and motivation to become active global citizens!
Melton Fellows in the Global Citizenship Learning Program…
- broaden their horizons by learning with and from peers around the world.
- work towards collaborative solutions in global citizenship projects.
- contribute with energy, knowledge, and resources to help solve pressing issues in their communities and beyond.
- use their skills and passion to drive change together.
- transform perceptions of how global problems are approached – and solved.
- model global citizenship in their communities for others to follow their example.
Some of the characteristics we are looking for in candidates:
- Civic engagement at the community level,
- Curiosity for different social contexts and cultures,
- Demonstrable interest in global challenges and international issues,
- Respect for diversity, whether across the street or across the globe,
- Personal motivation, initiative, and ability to work in teams,
- Sufficient English language skills to understand and participate in all aspects of the program, and a
- Strong academic record.
A decade of learning and growth as a Melton Fellow
Vigneshwar Shankar, a Senior Melton Fellow and a Business Manager with over 5 years of experience in the Indian financial services industry, shares his insights into the Fellowship, and what you can gain by becoming a Melton Fellow! READ MORE HERE!
Application and Selection Process
The first and most important step is to submit your written application by the application deadline.
Following the above-indicated deadline(s), we will evaluate written applications and invite suited candidates to participate in an Assessment Center. Assessment Center(s) are organized regionally and take place approximately 2-4 weeks following the application deadline, virtually or at our partner university closest to you.
Selected candidates will be informed about dates and other specifics ahead of time.
Following the Assessment Center(s), we will invite the strongest candidates from each region to complete a timed video interview that will be reviewed by our Global Selection Team.
If you are invited to a final interview, please be aware that you will need to provide at least one Letter of Recommendation letter in support of your application. You can download your recommendation letter template here.
Following the Assessment Center, a global selection team will select the best-suited finalists from across the globe to join the Global Citizenship Learning Program as a Melton Fellow.