Up to $10,000 | Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Programme 2023
The Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. The ESED scholarship program motivates the next generation of innovators and thinkers to work toward a more sustainable future. Scholars are outstanding students from developing nations who are studying sustainable energy development.
The demand for globally focused practitioners and researchers is increasing quickly nowadays. This one-of-a-kind scholarship program prepares the next generation of energy, climate, and power sector specialists to meet future problems.
Education for Sustainable Energy Scholarship Program
- The Education for Sustainable Energy Partnership (ESED) program offers scholarships to approximately a dozen students every year. The maximum value is $10,000 USD per year of study for at most 2 years.
Education for Sustainable Energy Scholarship Program Eligibility
- Undertake masters-level studies in a field related to sustainable energy development.
- Examples: zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, etc.
- Pursue full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters) as of mid to late 2023.
- Be a citizen of a developing country on the list of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate of the OECD
- Be committed to contributing to their home country’s development after their studies
- Be an outstanding student:
- Excellent grades in the top 20% of their class.
- Committed to zero-carbon energy development.
- History of community involvement.
- Determined to advance their knowledge and understanding.
See other opportunities
- MasterCard Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh
- Apply for UK Tech Nation Visa
- Apply for International Opportunities in the United States
- 20 Best online MBA programs in Massachusetts
- Best Public Health Schools
- No deadline: Roddenberry Foundation Catalyst Fund 2023 (up to $15,000)
- Top 10 Best Universities in the World, See Harvard’s position
Education for Sustainable Energy Scholarship Program Application
Submit your application by April 7, 2023 at 5 pm ET.
You must provide an electronic copy of all the documents listed below. If the language of your original documents is not English, they require a certified translation of the document including the name of the translator as well as a copy of the original (untranslated) document.
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate demonstrating citizenship of a developing country
- Curriculum vitae detailing your education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and participation in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Admission letter from your university programme of choice. Note that each applicant can only submit the admission letter from their top choice of the university programme.
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year programme, include proof of enrollment, as well as a copy of the official letter of admission. These should be uploaded together in a single document.
- A course outline of your intended master’s programme (PDF file or link)
- All previous university transcripts
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year master’s programme, include your transcript for your first year.
- Two reference letters or forms:
- At least one of the references must be from an Academic referee. An academic referee must be a faculty member or professor at your current or previous university who knows your academic abilities. You need to provide a completed copy of the Academic Reference Form. The form must be completed in English and signed by the referee.
- The second referee may either be another Academic referee (as detailed above) or a personal referee. A personal referee should be a person (e.g. employer, supervisor, mentor, coach) who can discuss other personal qualities or interests that make you specially qualified to receive the scholarship. This referee cannot be a family member. Should you go with the personal referee, the reference letter must be on official letterhead, written in English, and must be dated and signed by the referee. Make sure that the referee includes your full name in their letter.
Deadline: April 7, 2023
For more information, visit ESED Scholarship