APPLY: 2022 Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest for Young People
2022 Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest for Young People
The Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development.
The Goi Peace Foundation promotes consciousness, values and wisdom for creating peace, and builds cooperation across diverse fields.
Established in 2000, the Goi Peace Award is an international award presented annually to honor individuals and organizations in various fields that have made outstanding contributions toward the realization of a peaceful and harmonious world as envisioned in the Declaration for All Life on Earth.
- Host Country: Japan
- Category: Competitions
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: 150,000 Yen ($1260) Prize, Certificate and gifts
- Deadline: June 15, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on Telegram , Click HERE
Our values determine how we think and act, and they shape the society we live in. What are the values that you hold dear? How can you best live your life in line with those values, and in doing so, what kind of society do you hope to create?
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2022) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese. Essays must be typed, with your name and essay title included at the top of the first page.
- There are no particular rules regarding formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.). However, essays must be submitted in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format. Also, your essay file size must be 2MB or less
- Your name and essay title are not included in the word count limit.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
- The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$840 as of Feb. 2022) and gift.
2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$420 as of Feb. 2022) and gift
3rd Prize: Certificate and gift
Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift
* 1st to 3rd prize winners will be invited to the Winners Gathering to be held online.
* Additional awards (Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
* All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2022 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2022.
Method of Application
Entries must be submitted online. To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page, and follow the required steps. Entries submitted by postal mail or e-mail are not accepted.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group by creating an ‘account for school/organization entrant’ on the online registration page.
* Only one entry per person is accepted.
Click here to Apply for Google Summer Internship Program for International Students 2022
For faster updates:
Join our Telegram Channel
Join our WhatsApp Group