Y20 International Youth Leader Awards
Y20 Award is a special recognition for young leaders (both individual and groups) at G20 countries and beyond who have consistently done projects/programs or led organizations/foundations that relates to youth employment, digital transformation, sustainable and liveable planet, and also diversity and inclusion. This award will be a novel program, especially hosted by the Indonesian Y20 2022 Presidency.
Requirements for International Youth Leader Awards
- For Y20 – Youth Leader Award (open for global youth)
- The individual youth leader must be at the age of 16-30 years old
- It is open for global youth network (open for all nationalities)
- Has done/doing a/several projects related to youth employment, digital transformation, sustainable andliveable planet, and diversity inclusion
- The project(s) can engage/be active/relate to the United Nations’ agencies/IMF/World Bank/WTO/other international organizations or 2 G20 countries (Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), European Union).
- Submit Video submission as below:Priority Area 1: Youth Employment Social Entrepreneurship Showcase Submit 1-3 minutes Video on their social entrepreneurship ideas/projects
- Priority Area 2: Digital Transformation Digital Financial Awareness Campaign Submit 1-3 minutes video presentation on how to improve digital financial awareness for youths (e.g. Payment, Digital Banking, Blockchain), etc
- Priority Area 3: Sustainable Liveable Planet Circular Video Challenge Submit 1-3 minutes video/presentation about value chain mapping of a product of their choice and how to improve it to become more sustainable/circular
- Priority Area 4: Diversity and Inclusion What Would You Say about diversity and inclusion Submit a creative social media content (e.g. Poem, Video, Animation, Song, Cartoon, etc) on how Youths could improve Diversity and Inclusion in Society
- Got 2 recommendation letters from any organizations/personal network. The recommendation letter from G20 Sherpa/Y20 Organizer will be highly appreciated.
For Y20 – Youth Group Award (open for global youth)
- Registered organization nationally/internationally
- Has done/doing a/several projects related to youth employment, digital transformation, sustainable and liveable planet, and diversity inclusion
- The youth group is encouraged to be engaged/be active/related to the United Nations’ agencies/IMF/World Bank/WTO/other international organizations or 2 G20 countries (Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), European Union)
- Showcase and provide evidence of impacts of the projects/programme for 1 year through videos. The videos should tell their Youth Group Profile and Activities
- Got 2 recommendation letters from 2 different international/national groups/foundations and/or credible donors or beneficiaries.
Video Taking Guidelines
- Participant can use a smartphone or professional camera to take the video
- Participant have to use English when speaking on the video
- Please check carefully all details of the video on the application form, some priority area has different requirements
- The video resolution must be a minimum of 480p
- We encourage that either youth leader or youth group category can show/mention 2 G20 countries that you are involved/active with
- The video must be uploaded on your social media (Instagram/YouTube/TikTok) and must mention and tag Y20 Indonesia 2022 social media accounts
- Participant have to put the YouTube/Instagram/TikTok video link on the application form
- The deadline for video submission is the same date as the Y20 Award application process: 15 February 2022 at 23:59 (GMT +7)
- This competition is open for G-20 and non G-20 countries.
- Each applicant can choose only one category with several priority areas, with certain requirement follows in the application form
- Each applicant should complete all required documents in the form (link application form) which contains of: application form, CV, 2 recommendation letters, and proof of projects/programme through video submission
- Applications are open from 27 December 2021 to 15 February 2022.
The awarding selection process consists of two stages. The first stage involves the submission of a CV, 2 recommendation letters, and proof of projects/programme through video submission. The top 20 finalists will proceed to the second stage selection. The judges will determine the 5 winners (4 – Y20 Youth Leaders, 1 Best Y20 Youth Group) out of the selected finalists.