FedEx small business grant 2023
FedEx small business grant 2023
Since 2012, the FedEx Small Business Grant Contest has awarded more than $1.5 million in cash and prizes to over 100 small businesses.
The contest, which awards unique and innovative small businesses, has drawn more than 50,000 entrants—including nearly 18,000 in 2022.
What is the FedEx Small Business Grant Contest?
It is an annual grant program started in 2012 by FedEx to award U.S.-based small businesses with grants to enhance their business.
The FedEx Small Business Grant Contest is a grant program by FedEx to award ten (10) U.S. based small businesses with grants up to $50,000 and up to $4,000 in FedEx Office print and business services.
Additional $10,000 awards in the form of a check, $500 additional print credit, and the added distinction and business award honor will be awarded among the Winners in each of the following categories:
- young entrepreneur
- veteran-owned business
- healthcare industry
- minority-owned business
- sustainability focused business
See other opportunities:
- Apply for Youth Innovation Challenge
- 11 slides you need in your pitch deck
- Tips to win a small business grant
- Apply for slingshot startup competition($1.2M)
- How to write a winning business plan
What are the contest dates?
When dates are finalized for the next contest, we will post them. Stay tuned or Subscribe to our mail list to be informed.
How can I be notified when the contest returns?
You can sign up for emails here
In order to be considered an eligible “small business” for purposes of this Contest, the business and/or owner must meet all of the following criteria:
- Entrant/owner must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia at the time of entry
- Entrant/owner must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry;
- Entrant/owner must be an authorized agent of the registered business;
- Business must be domiciled in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia at the time of entry
- Business has been in continuous operation selling a product or service for not less than six (6) months as of February 10, 2022
- The business must be currently active, lawful, have all necessary and required licenses and registrations as required by the state(s) in which it operates;
- The business must be in good standing as of the time of entry and must remain so through the end of the Contest;
- The business must have a valid 9-digit FedEx shipping account number;
- The business must have a shipping need for the business;
- The business must have a printing need for the business;
- The business must have no more than 99 employees on its payroll at the time of entry (sole proprietors are considered as an employee and part-time employees are included);
- Neither the business itself nor any owner of nor any investor in the business may be:
- a previous FedEx Small Business Grant Contest Winner;
- a past or current member of the FedEx Entrepreneur Advisory Board;
- in any way affiliated with a franchised, direct seller business, or independent consultant; or
- an authorized FedEx Ship Center location or any other reseller;
- The primary purpose of the business must not be in competition with FedEx or any FedEx operating companies;
- The business must not be under bankruptcy protection or have judicial liens or attachments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have a FedEx account number to enter the contest?
Yes, a 9-digit FedEx account is required to enter the contest.
Is a non-profit eligible for the contest?
Non-profits are not eligible to enter the contest.
Are franchised or direct-seller businesses eligible to enter?
No, these business types are not eligible to enter the contest. Examples of direct seller businesses are Mary Kay, Rodan and Fields, Doterra, BeautyCounter, Young Living, Color Street, etc. Examples of franchised businesses are any businesses where you are not the creator of the brand (McDonald’s, Budget Blinds, etc).
Are shipping companies, shipping services, FedEx Authorized ship centers, commercial printers, or any other businesses directly competing with FedEx eligible to enter the contest?
No, any shipping or printing companies directly competing with FedEx are not eligible.
Are previous grant winners involved in other businesses eligible to enter?
No, businesses with an owner or investor who is or was an owner or investor of a past FedEx Small Business Grant Contest winning business are not eligible to enter.
Are previous finalists in the FedEx grant contest eligible to enter?
Yes, finalists are eligible to enter again if they were not previously selected as a winner.
Are FedEx Entrepreneur Advisory Board members eligible to enter?
No, members of the FedEx Entrepreneur Advisory Board, past or present, are not eligible to enter the contest.
For faster updates:
- Join our Telegram Channel
- Join our WhatsApp Group
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram