About Circular Valley
Circular Valley® was launched by industry, science, politics and society as an international hotspot of the Circular Economy. It is funded by the North-Rhine-Westphalian Ministry of Economy to leverage and further develop the unique strengths of the region by trendsetting, innovative Circular Economy concepts, products and business models.
What we offer to you
As a participant of Circular Valley Accelerator, you have:
- Direct and close contact to our 70+ partners from industry, R&D and government
- A truly international, diverse and innovative environment
- Tailor-made expert workshops and training modules as well as individual mentoring and coaching for a focused development
- Facilitated networking with 300+ global, potentially interesting market leaders from Germany’s Rhein-Ruhr region, which includes the cities of Cologne, Dusseldorf, Duisburg, Essen, Dortmund, Münster…
- Peer-to-peer exchange between start-ups and their networks
- Global alumni network in the post-accelerator phase
- Flexible adaptation to global COVID 19
- Financial support concerning travel, accommodation and business-related expenses during the accelerator program
What we expect from you at Circular Valley Accelerator
Interest to actively engage with our partners, to further develop your business model
- Participation in our program components and on-site peer-to-peer exchanges at the Circular Economy Accelerator either for the duration of the program from June 2022 to September 2022 or attendance blocks
- The number of blocks and the time frames will be published here soon.
- Fluent written and spoken English
Why are we offering this
- We can offer this as Circular Valley® is funded by the North-Rhine-Westphalian Ministry of Economy to leverage and further develop the unique strengths of the region in developing Circular Economy concepts, products and business models further. We are not requesting equity from you – only your active participation – to your benefit.
What is important – timing
The 3rd batch of the Circular Economy Accelerator will take place in Wuppertal, Germany, from early June 2022 until early September 2022.
Application deadline is March 18, 2022.
We will select 15 start-ups for BATCH #3 by April 10, 2022.
Subsequently, we will inform the winning teams in order to organize their stay in Wuppertal.
The accelerator program will
- start in June 2022 with the Kick-off Meeting taking place on (tba)
- close at the beginning of September with the final DemoDay on (tba)
There are two ways to participate in the program:
1. Two/Three on-site attendance blocks of two weeks each
2. On-site presence during the entire program period
What will be funded
We cover the costs of participation for two people per start-up. This includes
- Travel to, from and in Wuppertal
- Visa and administration costs
- Expenses you may incur to further develop your business (e.g. cost for labs, prototypes, business trips…
- Per diem rates, Germany serve to co-finance living expenses
- Large cost items should be signed off before the cost is incurred
- Access to in-house covered areas of competence from the Circular Valley team
All circular economy innovations with focus on the following topics:
All circular economy business concepts with a significant positive impact on climate and decarbonization
(1) IT-based circular business models incorporating artificial intelligence
(2) Innovative concepts for the reduction, reuse and recycling of materials with the potential to completely close material cyclesIndustrial application
(a) Traction batteries
(b) Building materials
(d) Wood, Paper, Cardboard
(3) Use of bioeconomic solutions
(4) Urban Mining – The City as a Raw Material Repository
Application deadline is March 18, 2022, 11:59 pm (CET)