Deadline: April 17, 2023
Paid Fellowship: UNFCCC Climate Champions Youth Fellowship 2023
Applications are open for the UNFCCC Climate Champions Youth Fellowship 2023. The Climate Champions Team is now looking for its third cohort of ambitious and stubbornly optimistic Youth Fellows. The programme creates a pathway for young professionals to work within the team supporting the UN Climate Change High-Level Champions for COP27 and COP28 – Dr. Mahmoud Mohieldin and H.E Razan Al Mubarak – to drive real world momentum into the UN Climate Change negotiations.
As part of the Youth Fellowship programme, you will help mobilise climate action amongst non-State actors to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement, in close collaboration with the UNFCCC, the Marrakech Partnership and the COP Presidencies.
Fellows will join the Climate Champions Team (CCT) for a seven month fellowship, placed within:
- The core Campaigns: Race To Zero and Race To Resilience;
- Systems Transformation: critical sectoral work in Energy, Finance, Ocean, Systems Tracking, and;
- Stakeholder and Policy Engagement.
The fellowship will include modules on personal leadership development, mentoring, engagement with stakeholders, systems mapping and horizon planning, mobilisation and outreach in broader networks including working closely with local, regional and global youth organisations to ensure knowledge sharing and solutions exchange. There will also be an opportunity for the fellows to work together as a collective to explore projects and outreach.
- This is a paid fellowship programme.
- 30 or under 30 years of age in 2023;
- Minimum five years of full-time work or volunteering experience, either in one of the fellowship sectors, climate leadership or organising;
- Ability to commit minimum 16 hours a week to the fellowship;
- Strong communication skills;
- Self-motivated and willingness to be flexible (you will be working with teams across different time zones);
- Adequate network relevant to sector-specific or climate related work;
- Sufficient English language skills;
- Your own laptop and reliable internet connectivity;
- A commitment to the values of the Climate Champions Team to raise non-State actor commitments to the global goals of the Paris Agreement.
The selected fellows will work closely with the respective sector leads during this fellowship and will be required to commit up to 16 hours per week. The fellowship will run for seven months from June to December 2023.
Each sector has specific skills requirements; therefore, they highly recommend you to please read the job descriptions below thoroughly before applying.
- Energy Policy Youth Fellow, Climate Champions Team – Job Description
- Finance Youth Fellow, Climate Champions Team – Job Description
- Ocean Youth Fellow, Climate Champions Team – Job Description
- Policy and Engagement Youth Fellow, Climate Champions Team – Job Description
- Race to Zero Youth Fellow, Climate Champions Team – Job Description
- Race to Resilience Youth Fellow, Climate Champions Team – Job Description
- Systems Tracking Youth Fellow, Climate Champions Team – Job Description
For more information, visit UNFCCC Fellowship.