YALI RLC West Africa Application Emerging Leaders Program 2022 (Onsite)
The Young African Leadership Initiative Regional Leadership Center in Accra, is currently accepting applications for the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2022. A merit-based, open competition will be implemented to choose participants for the YALI RLC 2022 Application.
A selection panel will assess all qualified applications. The chosen Semi-finalists will be interviewed before a final decision is made and an invitation to participate in the program is issued.
Criteria for Application Evaluation For YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2022:
- Leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement must be demonstrated.
- Volunteerism, mentorship, or active participation in public or community service.
- Strong interpersonal and com6
- +munication abilities.
- An energetic and optimistic attitude.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
Reasons to Submit an Application to the YALI RLC
- Participants will get certificates and become members of the YALI Alumni at the completion of the program.
- Participants will be taken through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership roles in their various endeavors.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The management of the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra reserves the right to verify all information provided in the application.
See other opportunities:
- Apply for Youth Innovation Challenge
- 11 slides you need in your pitch deck
- Tips to win a small business grant
- Apply for slingshot startup competition($1.2M)
- How to write a winning business plan
BENEFITS OF YALI RLC
- Business and Entrepreneurship: This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
- Civil Society Management: This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community based organizations, or volunteerism.
- Public Policy and Management: This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks.
ELIGIBILITY FOR YALI RLC West Africa 2022
The competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is a merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
- Flutterwave Graduate Trainee Programme
- FedEx Small Business Contest 2023
- Migo Loan – Everything you need to know
- Fintech Growth Startup Fund (N1Million)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I input my name into the YALI RLC West Africa application?
Ans. You should type your name exactly as it appears in your passport or other official government identification documents.
Lets take for instance, Richard’s passport says: NKRUMAH RICHARD AMOAKO. He should type “RICHARD AMOAKO” in the given names field and “NKRUMAH” in the surname field of the application.
Q. I am unable to move past the general information section of the YALI RLC West Africa . How do I apply?
Ans. Please review the eligibility requirements. The application will not let you proceed unless you meet all the general requirements.
Q. Can I submit a paper copy of my application?
Ans. No, you must submit your application through the online application system. Any paper applications, or applications by email attachment, will not be accepted.
Q. I have multiple email addresses, including some for personal use and some for my work. Which one(s) should I use for my application?
Ans. You should use the email address (es) that you access most frequently and which can be accessed from any internet connection. Work email addresses that cannot be accessed outside your office are not recommended.
Q. I cannot afford to pay an application fee, how should I apply?
Ans. The application is free to all eligible applicants.
Q. I have a physical disability or special need and I need another person’s assistance to complete my application. Is this considered plagiarism?
Ans. Any Individual with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any Applicant with physical disability or special needs who require another person’s assistance to complete an application may do so. However, the thoughts, ideas, and content of their application must be their own; they cannot collaborate with the person assisting them on the content of their application.
Q. Who is eligible to apply for YALI RLC West Africa ?
Ans. Admission to the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra is merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Togo, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, The Gambia, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Cameroon and Sierra Leone
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
Q. What expenses are not covered by the YALI RLC West Africa program?
Ans. All expenses that are NOT covered by the program include: incidental expenses such as entertainment, alcoholic beverages, and internet fees that may be necessary for participation in the distance learning portion of the course
Q. Where is the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa located?
Ans. The YALI RLC, West Africa is located on the GIMPA campus.
Q. What if am selected, what does the YALI RLC West Africa program cost?
Ans. If you are selected to participate in the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra program, all of the following expenses will be covered by the program:
- Visa to Accra (if required)
- Round-trip travel from your country of citizenship* to Accra, Ghana
- Transportation to/from Kotoka International Airport to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra, for all non-Ghanaian participants
- For Ghanaian, transportation to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra will be provided for from your location of residence
- Customized academic and leadership course;
- Accident and sickness benefit plan during the course
- Housing and meals
- * The Program will only cover your transportation costs to and from Ghana if you are residing within one of the countries served by the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra. If you reside outside of the defined region, YALI will only pay the cost of transportation to/from Accra from your country of citizenship and you will be required to cover any additional costs
Q. How do you become a YALI fellow?
- A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in business, civic engagement, or public service;
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others;
- Strong social and communication skills;
For faster updates: