EUTOPIA SIF Postdoctoral Science and Innovation Fellowships
Applications are open for EUTOPIA SIF Postdoctoral Science and Innovation Fellowships. The EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships Programme (EUTOPIA SIF) is opening the fourth call for applications to recruit 16 post-doctoral fellows in September 2024. The EUTOPIA-SIF Innovation Fellowships program is developed by the EUTOPIA European University, an ambitious Alliance of ten universities, aiming to promote a connected and inclusive academic community, addressing global and local challenges, advancing excellence, inclusion, impact and innovation.
The EUTOPIA-SIF Innovation Fellowships aims at enhancing the research potential and career perspective of outstanding young researchers from around the world. It will provide the opportunity for early career researchers to develop their independent research in the scope of an interdisciplinary scientific project, and undertake training. Fellows will be hosted by one of the partner universities of EUTOPIA and will be offered extensive mobility opportunities within EUTOPIA and beyond.
Program Areas of the EUTOPIA SIF Innovation Fellowships
Applications are welcome in the following key research areas:
- Materials Engineering,
- Data & Intelligence,
- Sustainability Welfare & Inclusion
Interdisciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged. Applications are invited from all disciplines, including Science, the Social Sciences, the Humanities and Arts in connection with the above key research areas.
Benefits of the EUTOPIA SIF Innovation Fellowships
- A 2-year employment contract as a MSCA COFUND fellow with attractive financial and working conditions at one of the EUTOPIA universities;
- An interdisciplinary and collaborative research project at one of the EUTOPIA-SIF universities;
- A strong focus on international and intersectoral mobility, with secondment periods to at least one other EUTOPIA-SIF university and to one of the programme’s external partners;
- An opportunity for outstanding recognized researchers to develop their own independent research ideas;
- A rich training programme focusing on research leadership skills and active career counselling during the programme with academic supervisors;
- An individual research budget for research expenses, mobility, and workshop organization.
- The quality of the research environment that EUTOPIA-SIF fellows will experience is key to attaining these objectives. It includes:
- Over 100 research groups associated with EUTOPIA-SIF Key Research Areas;
- Competent, committed, and available academic supervisors;
- Excellent equipment and infrastructure in each department;
- A wide network of partners to EUTOPIA universities including international academic institutions, private companies, government, and third sector organizations.
Eligibility Requirements for the EUTOPIA SIF Innovation Fellowships
- Diploma: Diploma certificate in English (accompanied with a non-certified English translation if the initial document is not in English) OR a provisional PhD certificate — certificate on headed paper from their supervisor/academic institution confirming that all the requirements related to the PhD program in the home institution are fulfilled at the date of the Call deadline, 14 December 2023. OR mandatory template detailing 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience. Completion of PhD or equivalent experience at the date of the Call deadline, 14 December 2023
- Seniority & status: No seniority condition will be imposed in the program, candidates must be recognized researchers. However, as the fellowship is also a training and development scheme, candidates must not have a permanent position at the start of the fellowship. They have to be able to work exclusively on the fellowship project with a full-time contract from one of the EUTOPIA-SIF universities. Candidates may be employed when applying but should resign and take up a full-time contract when selected.
- Research topics: Applicants are entirely free in the design of their research project. However, they must indicate one or more of the program’s Key Research Areas to characterize their project.
- MSCA Mobility Rule: Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the selected host university for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the call deadline, 14 December 2023. Compulsory national service, short stays (e.g. holidays), and time spent applying for refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not considered. The mobility rule need not apply to co-host universities (secondments 2-6 months).
- Nationality: The call is open to researchers of any nationality.
- Formal proposal criteria Completeness of application including all required support documents submitted before the deadline using the application platform. All submitted documents must comply with the page limits and other specifications detailed below and/or on the application portal. The application will otherwise not be accepted.
In addition, the following criteria are essential in order to be considered for a fellowship award: •
- Applicants should have a track record of producing research outputs such as peer-reviewed publications in which they have played a significant role, conference & research presentations, and contributions to symposia and compiled volumes;
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to a research career and show how they will use the fellowship to advance this aim.
EUTOPIA SIF Innovation Fellowships Eligible Universities
Although the EUTOPIA Alliance was recently expanded to encompass a total of 10 European universities, the EUTOPIA-SIF program runs on a separate grant, and only the following 6 universities are eligible to host or co-host SIF fellows: Vrije Universiteit Brussel, CY Cergy Paris University, University of Gothenburg, University of Ljubljana, Pompeu Fabra University-Barcelona, and the University of Warwick.
Fellows will be awarded a position for 24 months, starting in September 2024
Deadline: December 2023, 13:00 CET
Download the application guideline
See other opportunities
- MasterCard Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh
- Apply for UK Tech Nation Visa
- Apply for International Opportunities in the United States
- 20 Best online MBA programs in Massachusetts
- Best Public Health Schools
- No deadline: Roddenberry Foundation Catalyst Fund 2023 (up to $15,000)
- Top 10 Best Universities in the World, See Harvard’s position