YouthADAPT Challenge 2023
Applications are open for the YouthADAPT Challenge 2023. The African Development Bank Group and the Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) are jointly implementing a strategic partnership program, the Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program (AAAP), aimed at mobilizing $25 billion to scale up and accelerate climate change adaptation actions across Africa.
One of the four flagships under this program is the YouthAdapt: Empowering Youth for Entrepreneurship and Job Creation in Climate Adaptation and Resilience. Under the YouthADAPT program, AAAP is scaling up youth innovations for climate action through the Africa Youth Adaptation #YouthADAPT Challenge
This cohort targets only female-owned enterprises working on Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) technologies and innovations for climate adaptation action in Africa and addressing gender inequality in their solutions.
Examples of 4IR technologies include artificial intelligence, big data analytics, virtual reality, robotics, the Internet of Things, quantum computing technologies, additive manufacturing blockchain, and Fifth-generation wireless.
These should be solutions being implemented in real-life on-the-ground climate situations in Africa. This call for applications is supported by funds from the Africa Climate Change Fund (ACCF) hosted by the African Development Bank.
- The entrepreneur must be between the ages of 18 to 35.
- The founder must be of African nationality or the founder must be playing an active role in the operations of the enterprise
- The business must be legally registered in Africa.
- The business must have generated profits for the last two years.
- The business must demonstrate a direct impact on climate adaptation and resilience.
- 51% of shareholding should be female.
- Must be within the fourth industrial revolution (4IR) technologies.
The program is aimed at mobilizing $25 billion to scale up and accelerate climate change adaptation actions across Africa.
Deadline: November 5, 2023
For more details, visit YouthADAPT Challenge 2023
See more opportunities