ABOUT ACT FOUNDATION CHANGE MAKERS INNOVATION CHALLENGE
The ACT Foundation Change makers Innovation Challenge is conceived by ACT Foundation as a response to the impressive work of community nonprofits, businesses and social enterprises in Africa.
Africans, who are leveraging technology/ digital tools to create social change in their communities.
The challenge is open to non-profits and social enterprises across Africa who are using various technological /digital tools to create innovative social solutions.
Research shows that most nonprofits using technology/digital tools to drive projects and develop communities are coming ahead in the world and also creating lasting impact.
The support including funding and trainings is to enable them to scale up impact within the community where they presently work and beyond.
Grant funding will be awarded to the 3 winners of the Changemakers Innovation Challenge. The Award grant will be given towards scaling of the innovative solutions across different communities.
HOW TO APPLY for ACT Foundation Change Makers Innovation Challenge
1. Firstly, Entry for the Changemakers Innovation Challenge opens on Monday, 4th July 2022 and closes Sunday, 24th July 2022.
Late entries will not be considered.
2. Secondly, only one entry will be accepted per organization. Which implies that, once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
3. All entries for this challenge must be in English.
4. There are no entry fee, purchase or payment of any kind is required.
5. The Grant funding will be awarded to the top three (3) winners of the Changemakers Innovation Challenge. It would be used towards the scaling of their innovative solutions across different communities.
Technical support will also be awarded to other finalists.
6.All winners will be announced and awarded at the annual ACT Foundation Breakfast Dialogue.
This is scheduled to hold in September 2022. .
For more details, vist https://actrustfoundation.org
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE?
1. The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is open to non-profits and social enterprises in Africa. Businesses carrying out innovations that lead to social impact may also apply.
2. Organizations must submit social solutions within the Foundation’s key focus areas, namely;
Click here for more information on our focus areas and past winners
3. Non-profits or social enterprises, must be registered with the government agency in charge of organizations’ registry in their respective countries.
4. All submissions must be innovative solutions that use technology or digital systems as major tools in driving community impact. Evidence of claims must be provided through web links, videos, pictures and any other online presence.
5. Organizations must have been in existence for at least two years.
6. All the social innovations must be at the growth stage and must have been tested or implemented on direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim must be provided through pictures, news releases, etc.
7. All social innovations must have been implemented within the past two years.
PILOT INNOVATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply here now