Applications for the 2022 Africa Business Heroes Competition are live and it’s open to participants from all African countries. Stand the chance to win tools to assist your Entrepreneurship journey. Apply today in English or French!
Application Deadline: 6th June 2022 23:59:59 GMT.
About the Award:
ABH aims to identify, support and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their local communities, working to solve the most pressing problems, and building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
The initiative aims to be as inclusive as possible. Applications are open in English and French to entrepreneurs from all African countries, all sectors, and of all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country, and that have a 3-year track record.
Every year, ten finalists will be selected to compete in the ABH finale pitch competition and participate in a TV Show that will be broadcast online and across the continent. The finalists will compete for a share of US $1.5 million in grant money.
Eligibility for Africa Business Heroes:
- The applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- The applicant has traceable/provable African nationality. In other words, you have/had African citizenship and/or a Parent or Grandparent has African citizenship.
- The company is Africa-Based. The business is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- The company is in a post-Idea stage. Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history
- Vision, Mission & Values
- The importance/magnitude of the problem/need you’re addressing
- The feasibility and value-add of your solution
- Market traction of your solution
- Competitiveness of your product/solution
- The feasibility of your revenue model and financial projections
- Leadership & Team Potential
- Social Impact – the tangibility and sustainability of the impact you’re creating
Number of Awards:
Value of Africa Business Heroes Award :
1st Prize Winner: $300,000
2nd Prize Winner$250,000
3rd Prize Winner$150,000
Other Top 10 Finalists (7)$100,000
Global Immersion Program (Hangzhou, San Francisco, South East Asia)$100,000
ANPI will also cover all costs related to the Semi-Final.
- Exposure: Through the “Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH)” show, we provide our Heroes with the chance to tell Africa and the world their story. The show is distributed via major television networks, which provides our finalists with significant publicity and exposure.
- Training: we offer our Heroes training at Alibaba’s headquarters via the prestigious eFounders fellowship training program. In addition, we are working with partners to develop bespoke training and accelerator services for our Top 10.
- Mentorship: we offer our Heroes the opportunity to be mentored by renowned business leaders including our Finale and Semi-Finale judges.
- Networking opportunities: ABH attracts inspiring entrepreneurs from across all 54 African countries. Our finalists have the opportunity to connect with, learn and partner with other like-minded entrepreneurs and our community of judges.
How to Apply for Africa Business Heroes: Apply to become a 2022 ANPI Business Hero now!
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
See other opportunities
- MasterCard Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh
- Apply for UK Tech Nation Visa
- Apply for International Opportunities in the United States
- 20 Best online MBA programs in Massachusetts
- Best Public Health Schools
- No deadline: Roddenberry Foundation Catalyst Fund 2023 (up to $15,000)
- Top 10 Best Universities in the World, See Harvard’s position