France Eiffel Scholarship Program 2023/2024
Applications are open for the Eiffel Scholarship Program. The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their masters and PhD programs.
It gives opportunity to the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applicants up to 25 years old from developing countries at master’s level, and applicants up to 30 years old from developing and industrialized countries at PhD level.
The Eiffel Scholarship Program has two components:
- The doctoral component supports up to 18 months of mobility. It is open solelyto doctoral
- Themaster’s component offers 12 to 36 months of funding to enable scholarship holders to earn a master’s-level degree.candidateswho will begintheir first year of doctoral study on or after September
The two broad disciplines of the Eiffel Scholarship Programembracethe following fields of study:
Science and technology
- French history, language,and civilzation
- Law andpolitcal science
Humanities and social sciences
- Biology and health
- Ecologcal transition
- Mathematics and digital sciences
- Economics and management
- Masters Level: Eiffel scholarship recipients receive a monthly allowance of €1,181 n addition to certain direct services,notably international airfare, domestic travel support, insurance, assistance in seeking housing, and cultural activities.
- Doctoral Level: Eiffel scholarship recipients receivea monthly allowance of €1,700n addition to certain direct services, notably international airfare, domestic travel support, insurance, assistance in seeking housing, and cultural activities.
Recipients have 12 months from the end of their scholarship to request their return ticket.
For both components of the Eiffel scholarship program, scholarshps are awarded for the academic year corresponding to the year in which the scholarship was applied for. The study period must begin between September 1 and December 31 of the year the scholarship was awarded. The scholarship cannot be postponed.
Only those parts of the study program occurring in France are funded by the scholarship,except for certain internship or exchange periods as set forth further on.
If a student must repeat some portion of the study program, the scholarship is suspended. Recipients may elect to spend theirgap year to repeat the uncompletedyearat theirown expense. If they are successful, their scholarship benefits may be reinstated for the following year.
Master Level: Eiffel scholarshipsare granted for a number of months sufficient to complete the academic program specified in their application. Students must meet the academic requirements of each successive year of the curriculum if they are to continueto receive scholarship benefits.
The scholarship period(excluding language training) may not exceed12 months for enrollments in a Master 2program, 24 months for enrollmentsin aMaster 1, and 36 months for enrollments in an engineering program.
Students undergoing language training before commencing their academic program are eligible to receive scholarship benefits for a maximum of two months. However, the language training must be mentionedin the application file; it cannot be requested after the fact. The cost of the language training is the student’s own responsiblityand is not included in the scholarship.
Doctoral Level: Eiffel scholarships are awarded for a maximum of 18 months in France for doctoral candidates entering their first year of doctoral study on or after September 1, 2023.
Only applications submitted by French higher education institutions are accepted.
Deadline: 10th January, 2024