African Change Narrative Storytellers’ Fellowship for early career journalist/broadcasters 2024
Applications are open for African Change Narrative Storytellers’ Fellowship 2024. Africa Foundation for Young Media professionals is calling on early career journalists/broadcasters across Africa to apply for the African Change Narrative Storytellers’ fellowship.
With support from Africa No Filter, this fellowship will empower and groom young enthusiastic,journalists to tell the African stories in its originality and in a positive light through their stories, news reports and contents.
The aim of this African Change Narrative Storytellers’ Fellowship is to raise new crops of journalists, storytellers, content writers who are equipped for changing the negative media stereotypes that have been pushed forward by western media which project Africa only as a continent full of corruption, wars, famine and with no hope. Africa has positive and valuable stories of impact. African journalists must therefore champion positive stories about Africa to change the negative stereotype.
The fellowship has two cohorts which will run concurrently:
- West and Central Africa Cohort, which will comprise of participants from West Africa
- East, Northern and Southern Africa Cohort, this will include applicants from these regions only.
- Applicant must be an early career journalist/broadcaster who is based in Africa
- Applicant must complete 3 hours+ course on guide to telling African Stories and shared email evidence of completion.
- Be available for one-time virtual training/master class sessions as part of the commencement of the fellowship as well as mentoring sessions that will follow.
- Must be willing to write two change narrative stories about Africa(ns) making changes
- Applicant must share a letter of commitment from his/her editor/producer acknowledging s/he is allowed to go through the fellowship as well as a commitment that stories produced can be used in their media houses,
- A certificate of completion
- A commensurate story writing grant (to be disclosed to those selected).
- Opportunity to network and build viable professional relationships with other journalists/Broadcasters across from Africa.
Deadline: 5th December 2023. Though applicants will be selected in rolling basis till available spaces are filled
See more opportunities