The African Impact Challenge aims to create the Africa we desire by investing in the continent’s early innovators. They are able to create market-creating innovations that use technology to address their country’s most pressing concerns.
The challenge begins in April 2023 with a self-paced Pre-incubation phase, which leads to the selection of top-performing businesses for funding and Incubation.
Each top-performing venture will be interviewed and given the option of receiving either a non-dilutive gift or a simple agreement for future equity investment.
Please kindly fill out this short form to register!
Applications Close on 15th April 2023
African Impact Challenge Eligibility
- Young Africans (under 39) who live in the countries of the given year’s challenge.
- A desire to pursue impact-focused entrepreneurship as a means of livelihood.
- A desire to solve critical problems with technology.
- Full-time commitment from the team building the venture.
- 2023 Stream 1: Ventures based in South Africa from any sector
- 2023 Stream 2: Ventures across Africa that enable positive health outcomes
African Impact Challenge Selection Criteria
- Your idea should address an identified problem/challenge in your country, by providing a comprehensive solution through a clearly defined job to be done.
- Your solution should be technology enabled in its creation and/or use.
- Preference will be given to solutions that target non-consumption, by increasing adoption, accessibility or affordability.
- Preference will be given to innovative business models that are scalable.
Get more details and apply HERE