The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to students in their final year of high school. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 35th class in 2023, the Foundation has provided over 6,750 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $81 million in educational support.
150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship.
Eligibility Requirements for the Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
Applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled high school/home-schooled students attending school in one of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or select DoD schools who will graduate high school during the 2023-2024 academic school year (students
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees – based on the guidelines utilized by the U.S. Department of Education for Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Expecting to receive a high school diploma during the current academic year
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Able to verify a minimum overall B/3.0 GPA in high school coursework
Applicants may not be:
- Children or grandchildren of current employees, officers, or owners of Coca-Cola bottling companies, The Coca-Cola Company, Company divisions, or subsidiaries.
- Children or grandchildren of former employees who are currently receiving retirement benefits based on their previous employment with Coca-Cola bottling companies, The Coca-Cola Company, Company divisions, or subsidiaries.
- International students (with the exception of students at DoD schools)
- High school graduates
- Temporary residents
Deadline for the Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
The deadline to apply is Monday, October 2, 2023, by 5 pm Eastern.
How to Apply
The 2024 application is now open here for students who will graduate during the 2023-2024 academic year.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Coca-Cola Scholar?
A Coca-Cola Scholar is a student in their final year of high school that an achievement-based scholarship awarded to. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities.
2. Do Coca-Cola scholars get into Harvard?
The top five colleges attended by Coca-Cola Scholarship recipients are Harvard, Stanford, Duke, Yale, and Princeton. With $20,000 on the line, it makes sense that the Coca-Cola Scholarship is highly competitive and prestigious. So, it’s definitely very possible to make it into Harvard.
3. When does the Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship application open?
The 2024 Coke Scholars application opened at 10 am Eastern on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, for high school students who will graduate high school in the 2023-2024 academic year. The submission deadline is 5 pm Eastern on October 2, 2023.
The deadline to submit the application eligibility quiz is 4pm Eastern, October 2, 2023. The deadline to submit the full application is 5pm Eastern, October 2, 2023.
5. What are the Coca-cola scholarship requirements?
- High school seniors with a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- You must be a graduating high school senior in good standing.
- Be a US citizen, national, or permanent resident