Mest Africa Challenge 2022
It has officially announced the opening of applications for the MEST Africa Challenge 2022.
MEST is an Africa-wide technology entrepreneur training program, internal seed fund, and network of hubs offering incubation for technology startups in Africa.
For young aspiring and established African entrepreneurs, MEST Africa provides the skills, mindset, and experiences to build a globally successful tech company. Beyond tech and entrepreneurial skills training, MEST Africa provides a real-world advantage to entrepreneurs through funding, business incubation, and access to a global tech network.
Pre-seed to seed stage technology startups in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Kenya, and South Africa are invited to apply to participate in the regional competitions to be held in these countries in October this year. Two finalists will be selected from each country to participate in the final Demo Day Pitch event to be held in Accra, Ghana for the ultimate prize of $50,000 in equity.
Eligibility Criteria for MEST Africa Challenge 2022:
- Pre-seed or seed-stage (have raised $100k total or less cumulatively since inception)
- Currently generating revenue
- Can demonstrate traction in one or more of the five MAC Markets (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Senegal)
- Has been in operation for 2 years or less
- Tech-enabled (software company)
- Industry agnostic
- Any business model (B2B, B2C, B2B2C, B2G etc…)
See other opportunities
- SMFEST Hackathon 2022 (1Million Naira)
- Apply for Youth Innovation Challenge
- How to write a winning business plan
Key benefits of the program:
- Funding of up to $50,000
- Perk prizes from MEST Strategic Partners
- Global visibility
- Build your networks
- Professional coaching
- Mentorship from experts
- Join the global MEST Community for lifetime benefits
Entries will be accepted till 30th August 2022through the competition’s online application portal.