2022 Orange Social Venture Prize in Africa and the Middle East
Orange Social Venture Prize aims to reward the positive entrepreneurial spirit of dynamic start-ups within the framework of its Social Venture Prize.
Since 2011 this International Grand Prix competition has welcomed start-ups from 17 countries in Africa and the Middle East. It identifies, rewards, and supports business propositions that make a positive social and environmental impact.
An undeniable catalyst for progress, technological innovation can only reach its full potential if it is supported by a solid, viable business proposition that meets current and future social and environmental needs.
- Host: POESAM
- Category: Competitions | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: 17 African Countries and The Middle East
- Reward: €10,000 – €25,000
- Deadline: May 22, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on Telegram, Click here
To participate in the Orange Social Venture Prize, Candidates must:
- Be 21 years and over
- Present a social entrepreneurship project based on NICT (New Information and Communication Technologies)
- present a project that involves at least one of the 17 countries
- Ideally, the business idea should include a prototype or demo.
- The Project must concern a territory or a geographical market containing at
least one country from the African continent and the Middle East region in which
the Orange Group is present. The countries concerned are Botswana, BurkinaFaso, Cameroon, Egypt, Ethiopia, Guinea Conakry, Guinea Bissau, Côte
d’Ivoire, Jordan, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Liberia, the Central African
Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and
- The Project must involve Information and Communications Technologies and
have a societal impact. What’s more, the business idea should include an
existing prototype or demo.
Duration and Reward
- The Competition will be held between 28 March 2022 (09:00am GMT) and 27
May 2022 (9:00pm GMT).
Awards International Grand Prize
- 1st prize: €25,000
- 2nd prize: €15,000
- 3rd prize: €10,000
The 10 finalists within the OSVP International Grand Prize and the winner of the International Women’s Prize will also receive 6 to 9 months of business development support.
International Women’s Prize Winner: €20,000
Phases of the Competition
- The first phase will take place between June and September: each application will be assessed according to the rules of the national competitions and up to three winners will be selected in each country. The international phase will then begin. An evaluation committee of Orange employees will preselect 10 finalists from the national winners.
- In October, these finalists will be evaluated by a grand jury of influential representatives from the African tech world, who will choose the three overall winners of the International Grand Prix.
- This jury will also be responsible for choosing the winner of the International Women’s Prize, from five finalists selected by an evaluation committee made up of Orange’s diversity and inclusion teams.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to begin their application.
To make your application even easier, gather your supporting information in advance (for example, your logo or presentation) and prepare three supporting statements:
- Define the problem you wish to solve (max. 200 characters)
- Describe your proposed solution (max. 200 characters)
- Create a pitch presentation (max. 1,500 characters)